EAST KINGSTON, N.H. — Chief Ed Warren is pleased to share that the East Kingston Fire Department has received a multitude of donations for a family that was affected by a house fire on Sunday, Dec. 15.
Angela and Joe Marcero and their 5-year-old daughter Lily lost many of their belongings, including Christmas presents, in the fire. To help offset the impact of the fire, the East Kingston Fire Department put a call out to the East Kingston community for donations to help the family.
Since Sunday, the department has received hundreds of items including toys, clothes, blankets, coffee makers and other household supplies, as well as hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards and cash donations for the family. At last count, more than 80 people have made a donation, and donations are continuing to come in.
The Marcero family visited the fire department Thursday to collect some of the donations.
“It has been wonderful to see the outpouring of support for the family and the countless number of people in the East Kingston community who want to help,” Chief Warren said. “Helping out your neighbor is what the holiday season is all about, and we hope we have been able to bring the Marcero family some holiday cheer following a difficult week.”
The family was able to evacuate the home when the fire started and were not injured. The fire was determined to have been caused by a dryer machine.
Busy day or EKFD. 4th call in 4 hours
We wanted update you. First THANK YOU to all who have made donations. truly heart warming to see. This is what a small town is all about. We tip our hats to all of you.
Also wanted to thank all the Fire department members for their tireless effort and amazing drive. During all this your fire department is still responding to multiple calls for service, three calls last night for them.
Donations are still be accepted at the fire station, the school and the town office. Phone number at the fire station is 603-642-3141.