This page will contain printable permits when we get them formatted properly. In the mean time we would like to share a couple key points and things to look for.
- Inspections are done on Fridays only.
- Permits cost $25.00 and can be obtained at the fire station or the town office. No charge for outside burn permits, those are handled separately from items discussed on this page.
- Permits must be obtained prior to any work being started.
- Stand by generators MUST be installed on a concrete slab. They also must be installed at least five (5) feet from the building and have exhaust point away from the house. Portable generators are required to be at least ten (10) feet from any building.
- Stand by generators are inspected by the fire department for propane lines, distance from building, concrete pad and proper trenching. The building inspector must also check the electrical connections prior to use.
- Propane fired hearth’s must be inspected prior to sheet rock being put up. We need to check the rear of the hearth for clearances.
- On all new construction of homes we follow NFPA guidelines for smoke, CO and heat detectors with one exception. We require ALL SMOKE DETECTORS TO BE COMBINATION SMOKE & CO detectors.
As of 02/08/2019 East Kingston residents can obtain burn permits on line. Use the link: https://nhdflweb.sovsportsnet.net/